To Do in the River District
Weekend in the River District Guide
Danville’s River District, nestled between the hills along the Dan River in South Central Virginia, has a rich history full of challenges and triumphs. It is open and welcoming, offering big city amenities with a small town feel. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway, a fun family weekend, or a budget-friendly vacation, the River District has something for you!
Check out this "Weekend in Danville Guide" for some ideas!
Mother's Day in the River District
The River District is the perfect place to be for Mother's Day. Whether you are taking mom (or aunt, or grandmother, or friend) out to brunch, or browsing for a gift, there is something for everyone.
A lovely meal for Mom:
- Mucho Taqueria: Open for brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 11am-2pm
- Cotton at Riverside Mill: Open for brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 11am - 2 pm
- Golden Leaf Bistro: We know your Mom’s deserve the best so we have been working extra hard to give them the perfect Mother’s Day menu. On a day dedicated just for your mom, come treat her at the bistro with our 4 course Mother’s Day Brunch! For $39.95 per person your mom and your belly will be sure to feel the love. View the menu HERE.
- Nana Karen's on Main: Open 8am - 2:30pm on Saturday.
- Dellano's Pizza Kitchen: Open 11am - 9pm on Saturday.
- Links Coffeehouse and Cafe: Open 7am - 5pm on Saturday.
- Ma's Cakes: Open 10am - 2pm on Saturday.
- Me's Burgers and Brews: Open Saturday 12pm - 9pm
- Funky's Arcade Bar: Open Saturday 11am - 2 am, and Sunday 11am -11pm.
- Culture Restaurant and Grill: Open Saturday 4pm - 12am, and Sunday 1pm - 6pm
For a great gift or experience (For links and addresses visit HERE, or download our Distrx app!)
- Lizzy Lou Boutique
- The Brick Running and Tri Store
- Vintages by the Dan
- Main Street Art Collective
- River District Artisans
- Impotters Clayworx
- Angie's Hats
- The Vintage Boutique
- Sauce, VA
- Chestnut Lane Antiques
- Commonwealth Jewelry
- The Dog-Eared Page
- Revitalization Station
- Balled Brewing
- Dry Fork Fruit Distillery
- Blue Moon Tattoo
- River City Tans
- Let it Go
- All About Yoni
- Natural Essence Salon
- Bliss Hair and Nails
- The Brick
- Head up Eyes Forward
- New Image Hair Design
- Zinc Total Salon
- Snipz Salon
- Blush and Glow Spa
- Dominion Crossfit
- Urban Fitness
- River City Fitness
Happy Mother's Day!
7 things to do in Danville's River District this July 4th Weekend
There is no shortage of fun summer activities in the River District over the 4th of July weekend. Check out some of the happenings below, and be sure to download the River District App: Distrx to find the best places to eat, drink, and shop this weekend.