RIVER DISTRICT ASSOCIATION AWARDS OVER $160,000 IN START-UP FUNDS IN THE 2022 RDA DREAM LAUNCH PROGRAM: Five new business and three business expansions on tap for downtown Danville in the coming months.
The River District is the perfect place to be for Mother's Day. Whether you are taking mom (or aunt, or grandmother, or friend) out to brunch, or browsing for a gift, there is something for everyone.
A lovely meal for Mom:
- Mucho Taqueria: Open for brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 11am-2pm
- Cotton at Riverside Mill: Open for brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 11am - 2 pm
- Golden Leaf Bistro: We know your Mom’s deserve the best so we have been working extra hard to give them the perfect Mother’s Day menu. On a day dedicated just for your mom, come treat her at the bistro with our 4 course Mother’s Day Brunch! For $39.95 per person your mom and your belly will be sure to feel the love. View the menu HERE.
- Nana Karen's on Main: Open 8am - 2:30pm on Saturday.
- Dellano's Pizza Kitchen: Open 11am - 9pm on Saturday.
- Links Coffeehouse and Cafe: Open 7am - 5pm on Saturday.
- Ma's Cakes: Open 10am - 2pm on Saturday.
- Me's Burgers and Brews: Open Saturday 12pm - 9pm
- Funky's Arcade Bar: Open Saturday 11am - 2 am, and Sunday 11am -11pm.
- Culture Restaurant and Grill: Open Saturday 4pm - 12am, and Sunday 1pm - 6pm
- Lizzy Lou Boutique
- The Brick Running and Tri Store
- Vintages by the Dan
- Main Street Art Collective
- River District Artisans
- Impotters Clayworx
- Angie's Hats
- The Vintage Boutique
- Sauce, VA
- Chestnut Lane Antiques
- Commonwealth Jewelry
- The Dog-Eared Page
- Revitalization Station
- Balled Brewing
- Dry Fork Fruit Distillery
- Blue Moon Tattoo
- River City Tans
- Let it Go
- All About Yoni
- Natural Essence Salon
- Bliss Hair and Nails
- The Brick
- Head up Eyes Forward
- New Image Hair Design
- Zinc Total Salon
- Snipz Salon
- Blush and Glow Spa
- Dominion Crossfit
- Urban Fitness
- River City Fitness
Happy Mother's Day!
River District Association is excited to begin announcing the projects of GET Boosted Grant Recipients! GET Boosted is a River District Association program that was developed to provide established River District Businesses with planning guidance and financial support to develop projects, or purchase equipment to give their business a boost and allow them to expand in creative ways.
Each business worked directly with River District Association and the Longwood Small Business Development Center to develop an idea and a plan, and were then invited to apply for grants up to $5,000 to put their plan into action.
Photography by Lisa located at 442 Main Street used the GET Boosted funds to purchase examples of her Masterpiece Portrait Collection, so her clients can see the artistically painted and enhanced portraits available.
Photography by Lisa, Inc.’s owner, Lisa Carter, has been a professional photographer in the region for over 30 years. She has earned her Master’s of Photography Degree and Craftsman Degree and is a Certified Professional Photographer through Professional Photographers of America. She is a member and sits on the board of the Virginia Professional Photographers Association.
Lisa began her photography career as a creative outlet while working in the textile industry in Danville. Something she loved to do as an artist eventually turned into a means to gain a second income and her business grew quickly. She operated her business from a residential studio until she decided to move her business into a commercial space. She has been in the River District for 7 years, and offers many different photography services and products.
The Photography by Lisa studio is a full service portrait studio offering wall portraits, albums, and gift sized prints along with business headshots and personal branding sessions. She specializes in High School Senior Portraits, Bella Couture Sessions, Family Portraits, and more!
Photography by Lisa used GET Boosted funds to purchase displays of The Masterpiece Painted Portraits offered. These beautiful portraits deserve to be displayed large showing the beauty of the subjects captured and artistically rendered. Go by 442 Main Street to check them out!